February 01, 2011
Mark Wielaard: New GPG key.
Finally created a new GPG key using gnupg. The old one was a DSA/1024 bits one and 8 years old. The new one is a RSA/2048 bits one. I will use the new one in the future to sign any release tarballs I might create. pub 2048R/57816A6A 2011-01-29 Key f...
February 01, 2011
Andrew Hughes: [SECURITY] IcedTea6 1.7.8, 1.8.5, 1.9.5 Released!.
We are pleased to announce a new set of security releases, IcedTea6 1.7.8, IcedTea6 1.8.5 and IcedTea6 1.9.5.
This update contains the following security updates:
The IcedTea project provides a harness to build the source code from OpenJDK6 u...
| || || ||1||2||3||4|
|26||27||28|| || || || ||
Magnolia and ModeShape
nbsp;It had been a while since we started to test Magnolia with ModeShape. It took few changes in the code here and there and it would not have happened if not for a big help from the JBoss folk.
There were multiple obstacles we had to deal with. But as of Magnolia 4.4.2 and ModeShape 2.4.0 the things seem to be finally ready and you can download Magnolia configured to run with ModeShape as backing repository. By default it comes preconfigured with HSQLDB as a backing database, but there are also config files for running repo with MySQL or in-memory. If you feel adventurous, there is also guide on how to setup modeshape to be backed by the InfiniSpan.
With this release you should be able to get working Magnolia installation with Modeshape and use it as a base for your own setup. This release should be considered experimental and not used in production systems. And as an experimental release there are still some rough edged that need to be taken care of:
the performance using same backend db is lower compared to same setup with JackRabbit. Performance improvements are planned for the ModeShape 2.5 release.
Sometimes after restart it is not possible to log in, this might be also accompanied with the stacktrace in the logs about missing anonymous user account. Usually it is enough to restart the instance to fix it.
Also when shutting down the webapp, it might happen that ModeShape fails to close the sessions with register...
Date: January, 29 2011
- Old Nabble - [JIRA] Created: (MGNLMSHAPE-10) Provider Impl is ... [JIRA] Created: (MGNLMSHAPE-10) Provider Impl is not able to find existing workspaces on startup. Provider Impl is not able to find existing workspaces on... Project: Magnolia Modeshape Provider.
- M&M – Magnolia and ModeShape End of the last year and beginning of this I've spent trying to get Magnolia work with ModeShape. There were issues with both of the apps. On one end, Magnolia had issues with the Modeshape session data refresh strategy, on.
- Jan Haderka's blog | Java.net Lately he has been involved in number of projects, Swinglabs and Magnolia among others. ... On one end, Magnolia had issues with the Modeshape session data refresh strategy, on the other one, Modeshape was sometimes stricter then JCR spec required it to be when it came to queries.
- Joe Darcy: Project Coin: The Mint is Sprouting End of the last year and beginning of this I#039;ve spent trying to get Magnolia work with ModeShape. ... On one end, Magnolia had issues with the Modeshape session data refresh strategy, on the other one, Modesha.
- Browse Projects - Magnolia Magnolia Google Analytics. MGNLGA. Christian Ringele. Magnolia Groovy ... Magnolia Modeshape Provider. MGNLMSHAPE. Jan Haderka. Magnolia Observation Module. MGNLOBS.
- Conference - Magnolia Conference 2010, September 16-17, 2010 ... The talks were chosen from a broad range of proposed business and technical presentations, from Campbell-Ewald's Matthew Dertinger presenting how Navy.com moves to Open Source Magnolia CMS to JBoss.org's Mark Newton talking about ModeShape. read on Magnolia Conference 2010.
- Old Nabble - Magnolia - User - How to configure magnolia 4.4 ... How to configure magnolia 4.4 to work with ModeShape?. Hello. We would like to try Magnolia with ModeShape, but do not know how to configure it properly as.
- Philipp Bärfuss (Magnolia): Magnolia CMS 4.4 - Milestone 1 The team has finished its first sprint of Magnolia 4.4 development. ... ModeShape support. Magnolia can now be backed with the JBoss JCR repository.
- MM - Magnolia and ModeShape End of the last year and beginning of this I#039;ve spent trying to get Magnolia work with ModeShape. There were issues with both of the apps. On one end, Magnolia had issues with the Modeshape session data refresh strategy, on the other one,.
- Magnolia CMS - Download free podcast episodes by Magnolia ... Download or subscribe to free podcast episodes from Magnolia CMS by Magnolia International Ltd. on iTunes. ... ModeShape provides a unified JCR view of the information in your environment.
- M&M - Magnolia and ModeShape | Java.net On one end, Magnolia had issues with the Modeshape session data refresh strategy, on the other one, Modeshape was sometimes stricter then JCR spec required it to be when ... All of those were elementary issues that were relatively easy to overcome and I got Magnolia on ModeShape running and working fine.
- 21.6.2010 14:17:09 org.apache.catalina.core.AprLif - Mgnl log 2010-06-21 14:17:17,178 DEBUG org.jboss.labs.magnolia.modeshape.ProviderImpl : starting engine. 2010-06-21 14:17:17,257 ERROR org.jboss.labs.magnolia.modeshape.ProviderImpl : Problem starting JCR engine: Unable to load class "org.modeshape.connector.
- Magnolia CMS Empowering Magnolia for Enterprise Use Cases - Experience Report ... Extending Magnolia CMS with ModeShape. Magnolia for VPRO's Pinkpop Music Festival Website. Impressions of Magnolia Conference. Magnolia CMS 4.4.
- blip.tv (since 2005) Extending Magnolia CMS with ModeShape from Magnolia CMS Duration: 37:03 ... 4353507 2156 Magnolia for VPRO's Pinkpop Music Festival Website. Magnolia for VPRO's Pinkpop Music Festival Website from Magnolia CMS Duration: 35:56.
- [main] Revision 41500 community/modules/magnolia-modeshape-webapp/trunk/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/config/magnoliaAuthor/magnolia.properties ... community/modules/magnolia-modeshape-webapp/trunk/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/config/magnoliaPublic/magnolia.properties.
- BetterFasterBigger: January 2010 ModeShape - a unified content bus for Magnolia? While Oracle is working on delivering everything you might ever need from a single vendor, the real world is a mess. ... ModeShape is LGPL and as such I hope that it will gain wide adoption as a transparent wrapper for JackRabbit.
- BetterFasterBigger: Day to be acquired by Adobe - implications? Even if Day under its new owner stops contributing to Jackrabbit, JBoss just launched ModeShape (tested extensively using the best test app they could get - Magnolia CMS). Good thing Magnolia is independent of the underlying repository implementation. The business aspects.
- Philipp Bärfuss (Magnolia) After releasing Magnolia CMS 4.4 my mindset moves back to Magnolia 5.0. ... ModeShape support. Magnolia can now be backed with the JBoss JCR repository.
- Jan Haderka | Java.net End of the last year and beginning of this I've spent trying to get Magnolia work with ModeShape. ... On one end, Magnolia had issues with the Modeshape... Magnolia at JavaOne. For anybody interested, we are giving a talk about repositories and content.
- rah003's Blog | Java.net End of the last year and beginning of this I've spent trying to get Magnolia work with ModeShape. ... On one end, Magnolia had issues with the Modeshape session data refresh strategy, on the other one, Modeshape was sometimes stricter then JCR spec required it to be when it came to queries.
jira, impl, workspaces, startup, magnolia, roelof, project, issue type, bug, security level, assignee, priority, blocker, tries, administrators, cms, reinstall, matter what kind, persistence provider, incorrectly, configuration, achieved, apps, session data, strategy, persistence, open source, suspect, web applications, jcr, spec, queries, elementary issues, webapp, combo, grab it and run, exclusions, hsqldb, derby, oracle, jackrabbit, jdbc, hibernate, config file, online books, search, independent software developer, writing software, get connected, technology consultant, enterprise applications, been writing, mint, linux mint, the mint, joe, joe darcy, coin, mint project, diamonds, gi joe, coin features, new project, project car, joe rogan, action figures, deals, uncle joes, stuart, sample project, philipp, forge, magnolia blossom, wiki, magnolia cms, maven, enterprise edition, federico grilli, docu, tools, miyar, store, docum, frisbee, atlassian, conference, technical conference, conference coverage, slides, video recordings, made available, business, technical presentations, campbell, dertinger, navy, jboss, mark newton, developers, how to, configure, matej, zeleznik, best regards, zdenek, jozef, irc, channel, dependencies, jar files, freenode, optio, community website, deletion, milestone, dialog, translation, repository, stk, fckeditor, execution, activation, bundles, aim, enterprise features, video, visual diff, feed, api, java classes, mms, protocol, enterprise, red hat, sbs, eap, rhel, learning java, poll result, magnolia project, itunes store, podcast, templates, international ltd, download, the user, groovy, framework, migration, application, catalina, apache, config, beans, graph, servlets, init, containerbase, bootstrap, lib, apache tomcat, workspace, labs, the apache, usr, screencast, experience report, keynote, approval, page versions, driven web applications, ruby on rails, rich web applications, blip, life duration, bali, share this, language, demo, linux, wxp, video podcast, video podcasting, video blogs, video hosting, refactoring, pinkpop, music festival, festival website, mirah, rubyconf, paths, default config, log message, modules, trunk, viewvc, nexus, hudson, svn