February 01, 2011
Mark Wielaard: New GPG key.
Finally created a new GPG key using gnupg. The old one was a DSA/1024 bits one and 8 years old. The new one is a RSA/2048 bits one. I will use the new one in the future to sign any release tarballs I might create. pub 2048R/57816A6A 2011-01-29 Key f...
February 01, 2011
Andrew Hughes: [SECURITY] IcedTea6 1.7.8, 1.8.5, 1.9.5 Released!.
We are pleased to announce a new set of security releases, IcedTea6 1.7.8, IcedTea6 1.8.5 and IcedTea6 1.9.5.
This update contains the following security updates:
The IcedTea project provides a harness to build the source code from OpenJDK6 u...
| || || ||1||2||3||4|
|26||27||28|| || || || ||
Weekend wrap-up: JCP, NetBeans, JDK 7, Facebook
Entry posted to my new blog.
Date: January, 28 2011
- Editor's Daily Blog | Java.net A high-level schedule for JDK 7 development has just been announced. ... This Week's Poll: Is the JCP an Independent Standards Organization? The JCP has pretty much never not been a topic of.
- Mark J. Wielaard Still recovering from the big Fosdem weekend. It was great and exhausting. I was super ... opening punch for the GNU Classpath Runtime Rumble taking place next weekend at Fosdem!.
- gpoul's Out Of Memory Blog ... and that there will be changes to the JCP "to make it more democratic, transparent, and open", although ... for this Plan B would be Mid 2011 with JDK 8 being delayed an additional 6 months with a.
- JCP Bad For Groovy? - Weiqi Gao's Observations Weiqi Gao's Observations ... I went to a mini-reunion with a few friends from my high school class up in Chicago last weekend (and got caught in the blizzard on the way back, but that's another story.) I was reminded of the math that we did in high school, and what fun and challenge.
- The Aquarium: JavaEE 6 SDK - Now Bundled with Java SE 6u22 A blog about Open Source Java EE (J2EE), GlassFish, XML, Web Services, AJAX, SOA. ... with or without the JDK bundle. We just updated the JDK bundles to reflect the latest JDK: JavaSE 6u22, which includes.
- Oracle Postpones Some Features in JDK 7 OSNews is Exploring the Future of Computing with news on desktop, server, mobile, and specialty operating systems and new computing technology.
- Java 5 Concurrency | Screaming Penguin Check out the developerWorks tutorial on JDK 5 concurrency (last year), and just what the ... on the end result, I would say that this looks a lot like a success for the JCP process).
- The 2006 JCP EC Elections Are Over | SYS-CON MEDIA SYS-CON Media, NJ, The world's leading i-technology media company on breaking technology news. ... follows Java technology very closely - its history, current status, and future, having worked full-time on Java since the launch of JDK 1.0.1. He has commented on JSRs and voted in JCP elections.
- Linux Today - Java 7 and 8 Begin to Take Shape: What's In ... Oracle has submitted the release content for both Java SE 7 and 8 to the Java Community Process (JCP) for approval before the end of the month. ... the components and features that will become JDK 7, while JSR 337 details JDK 8. The final Java 7 release is.
- Apache | Javalobby Apache Backs Up Its Threat: Leaves the JCP EC. DZone has just learned that the Apache Software Foundation issued a formal letter ... is the first to provide JDK 7 support, allowing developers to choose.
- Enterprise Software Development with Java: Free Java? jcp ... Nobody spend an offical word on all those rumors, lawsuits and a possible jcp.next. ... changes and process changes is put in place by JCP 2.5, launched on October 29, 2002.
- [ Text 437 KB ] However, we envision that the JDK > installer would copy it to the JDK include/ directory to make this > ... However, as noted before, the JDK installer would ideally > copy this header file to the JDK /include directory, so that it.
- Java Ee 6 - Blogs, Pictures, and more on Blogged Under development for more than a year after Java EE 6 was approved by the JCP, the JBoss Application Server 6.0 is now production ready. The GA release brings built-in ... JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home You want to provide ... related tags: Apple, coastal, niece, walt, weekend. This Week.
- [ Text 285 KB ] Wasn't expecting that over a weekend :) It looks like pushing isn't working too well though: pushing to ssh://andrew at hg. ... hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk6/jdk6/jaxp/rev/fd4f440e57c9 6803688: Integrate latest JAX-WS (2.1.6) in to JDK 6u14 Reviewed-by: ramap !.
- Oracle: "We are focused on making MySQL better" - developer ... Following Sun acquisition, Oracle pledges to keep open-source project alive ... Oracle making a mess of Java; community, JCP, partners rebel. JDK 7 slips until at least mid-2011, possibly 2012. Android's new features come with a major lawsuit to boot.
- Disaster Area I was at Gnunify, a conference on Free / Open source software, last weekend. ThoughtWorks had recently opened a new office in Pune, and it was great ... that remain to be resolved around third party software that the JDK uses. The JCP will continue to exist, and Sun will still continue to control.
- The Aquarium: WeekEnd Fun - Old Sun Promo Videos A blog about Open Source Java EE (J2EE), GlassFish, XML, Web Services, AJAX, SOA. ... eclipse ejb frontpage glassfish grizzly hudson java javaee javaee6 javaone jax-rs jax-ws jboss jcp jersey jmaki jruby jsf metro mysql netbeans.
- Paul Fremantle's Blog: Open Source vs JDK Bloat Here's my problem: Sun controls what goes into the JDK through the J2SE JCP process. ... the JCP has gone out of its way to find good Open Source projects, and then take the.
- java.net - The Source for Java Technology Collaboration This is where Java[TM] technology collaboration happens. java.net is a new central meeting place for developers and Java technology enthusiasts to collaborate on ... notes that the Ensode.net article JDK 1.6 (AKA Mustang) Swing GTK Look And Feel Screenshots "got lots of diggs over the weekend.
- Atom Feed Fix emcmanus:JMX Namespaces now available in JDK 7. emcmanus:Event Sevice: subscribe to a set ... Small) Changes for java.net This Weekend. kfarnham:Intersting Kenai Projects, Part 2: Sun.
oracle, poll, jug, java user group, josh, marinacci, schedule, leonardo, sketch, brazil, agreement, online books, search, ruby red, vitor, souza, poll result, project, get connected, weblogs, mark wielaard, gnu classpath, fosdem, cacao, openjdk, video, sun, tom, libraries, slides, free software project, jcp, marble, gentoo, looking forward, twisti, happy birthday, lets see, versioning, tasks, process server, language elements, macbook, out of memory, behaviors, appointment, jsr, syntax, websphere, ibm software, ibm, jdk releases, websphere integration developer, semantics, the affected, software experience, pot, application code, groovy, java news, news brief, jnb, weiqi gao, weblog, oci, bloggers, python, software development community, java quiz, blogging software, planet, my experience, linux, bundles, sdk, jdk software, java ee, ajax, xml, soa, the aquarium, jax, adoption, opensource, glassfish community, pelegri, web profile, performance improvements, security vulnerability, top level, scratch, osnews, jdk, freebsd, operating system, xen, jigsaw, lambda, coin, closures, microsoft, vorbis, android, samsung, morphos, domu, rim, language changes, concurrency, screaming penguin, charlie, collins, executors, pools, thread synchronization, programmer, tutorial, i admit, history, end result, user login, friedrich nietzsche, the abyss, cloud, ec, cloud computing, enterprise, the cloud, jcp program, virtualization, java technology, siemens, representative, magazine, service, ericsson ab, take shape, linux today, internet, talkback, approval, downloads, jcp executive committee, linuxtoday, newswire, next step, step systems, philadelphia, release content, java community process, java specification request, mitchell, daily dose, apache, the apache, dzone, netbeans, beta release, javalobby, java community, developers, silverlight, web framework, new features, harmony project, apache software foundation, jvm, apache tomcat, free java, javaone, specification, product, oracle openworld, oracle enterprise, eclipse, proposal, tck, asf, language, readings, jboss application server, glassfish, jsf, jpa, blogged, implementation, roller, ejb, java user, user groups, bean, validation, servlets, server, sun microsystems, google, oracle database, podcast, fusion, takeover